Monday, June 11, 2007

It's hot, but it's not Delhi.

I just met a guy who just got here from Delhi, where he says it's been 120 degrees, and they have 15 powercuts a day. Even if he's only sort of exaggerating, it's way better here. High in the 90s, with rain most afternoons. It's still warm and humid at night, but it's balmy rather than asphixiating. Humidity, in case you were wondering, hovers between 45-60%. You get used to it; I found myself saying, but it's OK, really. It's not that bad. It's actually rather pleasant. This when it's 95 and 45% humidity, like today. Of course, this is while I'm out on the covered roof, just after lunch, there's a slight breeze, and I'm going right back into the A/C. And I sleep with the A/C unit blasting us with cold, dry air all night. My sinuses are a small price to pay.

No comments: