Sunday, June 3, 2007

High Maintenance

I had a feeling, but yesterday's trip to Target confirmed it. I use a *lot* of stuff, and spend way too much on it. I haven't even left yet, and I'm keenly feeling my middle class privilege, and I'm a little embarrassed by it. Not enough to make me divest myself of it, but still, enough so that when my sister asked me how much it was I couldn't bring myself to say the number out loud. Not counting the new suitcase, shorts and yoga pants, the total was still fairly astronomical. And, by the way, I do realize that "yoga pants" reveals plenty, thank you very much; that's what they are--I'd be lying if I called them sweats. There's no elastic gathering at the ankles (*shudder*).

Here's the first contest: how much did I spend? Closest guess gets the first of many prizes.

8 comments:

Leela said...

$376.50

Leela

Anonymous said...

300$

Anonymous said...

$650
B-

liza said...

B: Come on now, I'm not *that* bad.

I'll give you all another week to guess.

Come on, you know you want a prize.

Priya Jha said...

$292.13 I want a prize. The price is right!

Anonymous said...

i'd say $268.73. - reina

Peete said...

lets see:
going to India
target shopping
2 weeks
....yoga pants
no wammy no wammy no wammy STOP
$274.76

Delia Christina said...

$304