Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Roasted Cheese

There are some aspects of the food here I'm not going to miss: the screamingly hot chilies in pretty much everything, the sour suprise veggies, the often sour-hot dahl. But then there's the food from the tandoor restaurant in the Sheraton. Tandoori roasted paneer. Dayam. That's competing with the lamb for the most delicious thing we've had since we got here. And that I'll miss the most when we go home. There's no such thing as tandoori cheese in Redlands, or within 100 miles, or perhaps most tragically, in any Indian and/or Pakistani restaurant in the states.

Please let me be wrong.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright I can't bear to read your b log anymore as it makes me INSANELY JEALOUS! the cool clothes, the birthday pearls, upscal restaurants!!! ARGH Redlands just is NOT competing!

xo
CG
Jealous

Anonymous said...

Oh that last one wasn't Bradley. I am sure he is happy for you--that you got pearls on your birthday--but I am pretty sure he is not jealous about the pears! If he is jealous about the pearls and fancy saris we may have entered uncharted territory

CG

Delia Christina said...

oh, ho. there is tandoori cheese in chicago. on devon street.

and if you visit, this is where we'll go. (not as good as the real thing, perhaps, but good enough.)