Monday, July 2, 2007

It's my birthday. Where should we go?

I'm turning 36 on the opposite side of the globe from where I was born. We're planning weekend trips as part of the fun-for-us-while-we're-here-and-it'-my birthday-and-then-next-month-it's-our-12th-anniversary-planning

Here are the options, if we can figure out how to get there.
We'll probably go to Agra to see the Taj Mahal: I know I'll never live it down if we don't. And we'll probably spend at least a day in Delhi. But then there are other weekends. For the same amount we'd spend going to Singapore, we could do two other weekends domestically.

Vote for your favorite:

a. Mumbai: Big city, tons to do, but flooded at the moment (and likely to remain that way for the rest of the monsoon season). Temples nearby. And Elephanta caves.
b. Amritsar: Golden temple, can go see the Indian/Pakistan Border, where they line up their armies and march away from each other at sunset.
c. Khajuraho: Ancient erotic temples. Lots of them.
There are probably monkeys in all three. Don't know about elephants though.

or, of course:
d. your suggestion. Ed's comment reminded me that I should ask. So, tell me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day! Ancient erotic temples is the way you gotta spend you 36th. I think its in a rule book somewhere.
B-

Ed said...

D) Kerala; backwater cruise, Western Ghats, coffee plantations, tigers, oh my

Peete said...

b. Amristar sounds nice
boo for monsoon season flooding

Anonymous said...

Amritsar looks like the winner in the photos baby! Especially if you can stay by the water. Ofcourse erotic temples are symbollically appropriate for one's anniversary. Do Both!

Hey lady your lookin' hot in them saris! You make 36 look fanfuckingtabulous!
CG