Friday, August 3, 2007

Kolkata for the weekend!

Huzzah! We're off for an exotic weekend in Kolkata. Yeah; fancy hotels and restaurants, real exotic. It's our anniversary so we're being more self-indulgent than usual. Everyone here says Calcutta--I wonder what people there say. I have to pack now! Being picked up in a little over an hour. I'll come back with stories and lots of pictures.

I've been quiet because I don't want to turn this blog into a bitch-fest. I was, in many ways, totally unprepared for just how much I detest being "the wife." I think everyone must. No wonder so many middle class women go quietly nuts. And me without some key files I need to work on major projects, so I'm reduced to small and new pieces of writing--really not my plan for the summer.

I'm happy when adventurizing, but surly midweek, what with all the waiting. But now, we're off!

No comments: