Friday, August 17, 2007

Home again home again, jiggedy jig

We're home. Monster jet-lagged. Happy.

I figured out after the last post that the Hindu majority stuff is the rhetoric of Partition. The last thing the Brits did/first thing the new govt did was create the states of Pakistan (Muslim) and India (Hindu). It's like if the trail of tears just happened: mass displacement, mass killings. Government sanctioned mutual mass murder. It was a parting shot for the British, and while Ghandi was against it, the new governments were all for it: the nation-state needs an ideological other. The upshot is a lot of evil BS.

I'm home for about 4 days then I'm off to Puerto Rico with my family. I'll be gone for a week, then home for a day, and then school starts.

No, not crazy at all.

No comments: